Blogger Widgets

Movie: Agent Cody Banks


Another Saturday, another movie.  This time I went old school (prior to graduation from High School for me).  This movie stars my favorite Disney Star, yeah there were people before Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez and some of the rocked.  Lets guess who this movie stars:

Hilary Duff

If you happened to guess Hilary Duff from Lizzie McGuire you would be correct.  So I went with a theme this week (and for the next 2 weeks following) we are watching movies that have to do with spying and stealing.  Starring Hilary Duff and Frankie Muniz I have come across in my massive DVD collection (by the way there are plenty I could watch a movie a day all year and still not finish them all):

Agent Cody Banks, I watched this movie back when I was still in High School when it first came out.  This is a great movie on teen spies.  Very quirky but I loved quirky then and I love it now.  Personally I do not care if my little brother tells me a movie is stupid and should never have been made (yes I have one of those as a younger brother).

This movie reminds me a lot of the Gallagher Girls Series, they are secretly trained to be a spy and have no clue on how to act around or talk to the opposite sex. Instead of being taught during the school year kids are picked to attend a special camp which trains teens to work for the CIA and Cody Banks was one of those lucky teens.   But not knowing how to talk to his target (Hilary Duff) makes his handler's (Angie Harmon from Rizzoli and Isles) much more difficult.  And for anyone wanting to see what a CIA operative does not wear at every turn take a look at what Angie Harmon wears through out the movie.

I love the technology used in this movie (though I do hope bad guys really do not have this type of technology somewhere).  Nano's that can eat you from the inside out put into ice cubes may keep you from drinking anything with ice for a good long while.  But I also loved the holographic phone they used (one day I will get myself one of those).

There are plenty of things to like about this cheesy movie but when you are a 17 year old girl you can like whatever you like and if you still at 17 like cheesy movies about spies you can still like them.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment