Blogger Widgets

Review: Seven-Night Stand by Nicole Helm

Title: Seven-Night Stand
Author: Nicole Helm
Published:  February 2013 by Entangled Publishing
Source: Review Copy from Publishing Company


Reality TV scout Vivvy Marsh loves her job, but she’ll lose it if she doesn’t find a hit. When she’s sent to Kansas to scout a show, it looks like a bust…until she meets sexy pilot,
Nate Harrington. His family would make the perfect show to save her career.
Nate can’t deny his attraction to Vivvy, but no way can he let this show take off. The Harrington family is riddled with secrets, and she wants it all out in the open. For the next seven days, he’s going to stop at nothing to keep her out of his family’s business, even if it means keeping her distracted in his bedroom.



My Review

At first reading this was kinda iffy for me, I am not a big fan of reality TV shows, so why would I be interested in the process to make the show.  But then there is the girl in me who loves a pilot (there is this really nice small airfield down the road from my house and I can dream right).

There are alot of things I love about this book that really have nothing to do with the plot.  The Ivy Vines is just great with its creepy guy working the front desk and less than stellar accommodations.  Want to know why I will never travel by myself and not stay in a 5-star hotel this place is the place I would picture when I travel by myself and can not really afford to.  All the things that you envision when you hear "No-Tell Motel" is what I see in this place that she has booked for her stay in Demo.  Of course it is the only place to stay in Demo, so she really did not have much choice on the hotel unless you drive out of town.

Vivvy is great, she grew up traveling so she has no real "roots" anywhere she has never really felt attached to one place so when she feels this attachment to Nate Harrington and his business that is all his.  She has this protective feel of protecting what he loves and making it better.  Nate has no desire to do this reality TV show that was all his father's idea.  Just another way for his father to be surrounded by women that are not the one he is currently married too. 

And then there is Nate's brother Ryan.  Yes he is known to be in existence from the beginning to Vivvy but it is their first meeting which stands out in my mind.



The first time meeting the family should not come at that moment but the one thing I was getting from the whole thing was that yes Nate and Ryan are twins and now I can not wait to find out Ryan's story (which I have found will be book two in the series).

Yes this was a great story to read and I am ready for some more Harrington Field goodness to come from Ryan's story.

My Rating


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sami!
    I might just check this one out.

    New GFC follower here, and I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. It's for blogs less than 200 followers. You can read the info on my blog here. :D

    Madiha S @ The Smell of Parchment

    ReplyDelete