Blogger Widgets

Author Interview: Jess Macallan



Thanks so much for having me at The Bookish Diaries today! I’m celebrating the release of the second book in my Set in Stone series, STONE COLD REVENGE, and I’m thrilled to share it with readers.

Can you tell us about Stone Cold Revenge in your own words?

Jess Macallan
STONE COLD REVENGE is a continuation of Elle’s story as she reluctantly steps into the role of heir to her father’s twisted shadow elf empire. She’s coming into her powers and meets her unlikely mentor. Luna is short, sarcastic, and deadly with weapons. However, she’s no help when it comes to romance. Elle hasn’t had much time to sift through her feelings for Jax and MacLean, but she knows she has to make a choice between the gargoyle and phoenix soon. To make matters worse, her memories return with the knowledge that her father has been manipulating things from behind the scenes for far longer than she’d realized. Elle is soon faced with a devastating choice: use the powers she can’t quite control, or lose someone she loves.

What inspired you to write your first book?

My first attempt at writing a book was in the 6th grade and was a spin-off of Nancy Drew. She introduced me to strong, smart female characters. But with character names like Mr. Tan Jacket and almost a full page devoted to the description of a white picket fence, it was rightfully doomed to the bottom of a drawer. It wasn’t until I hit my early 20s that I tried again, discovered the wonders of editing, and sold my first erotic romance. I was inspired by my love of reading, and so many authors who are still on my auto-buy list. I’ll always be equal parts writer and reader, and still love to get lost in the magical worlds other authors create.

What if your favorite theme/genre to write?

Oh, that’s a tough one to answer. I write paranormal, steamy contemporary, non-fiction and middle grade, so I’m all over the place with genres. And I love them all for different reasons. Magic fascinates me, and the world-building involved with writing a book in the paranormal genre will always be near and dear to my heart. Steamy contemporary is fun because I get to deeply explore the relationship between two people. Non-fiction makes my left brain happy, while middle grade satisfies my love for adventure.

What book are you reading now?

I’m reading a few right now. I just started The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa (one of my all-time favorite series!) I’m also reading Infinite Possibilities by Mike Dooley because I’m a huge fan of inspirational and law of attraction books. And finally, I’m reading Into the Woods by Kim Harrison. I just feel better with a book in my hands. J

Are there any new authors whose books have gotten your attention?

I’m always looking for new-to-me authors, and recently picked up Wither by Lauren DeStefano on the recommendation of a friend. And I can’t wait to read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I’ve heard rave reviews about that book. However, most of my TBR pile is full of authors I’ve known and loved for years. If I had extra hours in each day, I’d use them to read!

Do you have anything that you would like to say to your readers?

Yes, I appreciate each and every one of you! Readers are truly the lifeblood of the writing industry, and I’m so thankful when readers spend their hard-earned money and time on my books. Also, I love to chat with readers, and hope you’ll connect with me on | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | JessMacallan |

FEBRUARY QUESTION OF THE MONTH

Since it is my birthday this month, I would like to know if you have any birthday traditions.

Happy Birthday! We don’t have specific traditions in our family, but instead let the birthday boy or girl decide the meals and activities for the day. On my birthday, I get a break from my regular mom duties and indulge in dark chocolate with sea salt that I don’t have to share. It’s very low key, but sometimes simple is good.


About Jess Macallan

Jess lives in the Inland Northwest with her husband and three children. She thrives on creative chaos. Curiosity drives her to try new things as often as possible. When not writing or chasing trouble, she teaches yoga, writing classes, reads, experiments with new recipes, and gardens. The only things she takes seriously are chocolate, tea and world domination. But mostly chocolate.

If you would like to purchase Stone Cold Revenge



or Stone Cold Seduction
Amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment